Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Herbal Teas from Oriental Pastry and Grocery Co.

Tea Pour, Lavender and Roses
In winter, I like to stock up on teas from my favorite middle eastern market, in downtown Brooklyn, the Oriental Pastry and Grocery Company. Here, amongst the bins of spices, dates and pistachios, there are jars filled with dried orange rind, roses, lavender, sage, wildflowers, hibiscus and lemon verbena.  The scent of herbal teas adds comfort and warmth to a freezing and hectic afternoon in NYC.

Wild Flower Tea
Sage Tea

3 comments:

  1. Karen, These pics are lovely. I can almost smell and taste these teas! I was addicted to this amazing jasmine oolong tea - the habit became too expensive and I've had to cut back! Love your blog. Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you susi,
    appreciate the compliment. Buying teas loose like this ,instead of in a packet, can be a lot less money --- your paying for the tea,not the packaging --- you probably can find some sage and wildflower growing on a mountain by where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. I love the smell of these herbal teas. I can never pass by Teavana shops without popping in for a taste and a smell!!

    ReplyDelete