Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Watercress Salad with Citrus and Peanuts

Watercress Salad with Citrus
First of all, I would love to congratulate my friend Matt for losing 50 pounds though "Lifestyle 180", a Cleveland Clinic wellness program designed to encourage healthy eating and activity.  It is such a compliment to hear that my photography has inspired Matt to keep thinking about healthy food ideas - thank you Matt!  I try to make all my recipes low calorie, since I need to be around healthy, highly nutritional food to keep my weight under control.

Watercress Salad
Watercress Salad:

With the feeling of spring in the air, I was craving a salad with a little color - (I am tired of the winter drabness).  The salad above was prepared by combining some wild watercress, papaya and mango chunks, a blood orange, red onion and roasted peanuts.   For the dressing, I just squeezed on a little lime and orange juice with salt.  Color can always make a salad a little more festive, especially with spring around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment