|Strawberries from the Farmers Market|
|Strawberry Vinaigrette with Cilantro|
|Soft Boiled Egg on Baby Greens with Strawberry Vinaigrette|
The first of the berries were at this week's farmers market. Sweet, tangy and delicious, they add a burst of summer to my Sunday morning breakfast.
1/2 cup of strawberries
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1-2 tablespoons honey
Directions for Vinaigrette:
1. In a blender, puree all ingredients
Ingredients for Hard Boiled Eggs with Macro Greens:
1 handful per serving macro greens
6 asparagus stems, chopped
2 small spring onions, chopped
2 medium sized red potatoes, sliced
2 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
Black pepper and salt to taste
Directions for Hard Boiled Eggs with Macro Greens:
1. In a skillet, brown red potatoes with asparagus. Let cool.
2. In a bowl, toss the macro greens, spring onions with the asparagus and potatoes.
3. Serve tossed vegetable mixture on a plate with the egg, then drizzle the strawberry vinaigrette on top.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.