Ginger's sharp spicy flavor turns the heat up on a fall recipe.Here is a simple soup that combines ginger with peanuts for unique and satisfying flavor. This recipe is based on a peanut African soup recipe I once found surfing the internet.
3 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
3 cups of water or broth
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoons of cumin powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Peel and slice sweet potatoes, then place in a large pot of boiling water or broth until sweet potatoes are soft.
2. Add coconut milk, chopped tomato, and peanut butter and simmer.
3. In a skillet, saute in oil the chopped onion, coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, salt and chili powder on medium heat for around 10 minutes. Stir
4. Add the skillet mixture to the soup pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Puree ingredients with blender or hand blender.
6. Garnish with chopped roasted peanuts.