Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sauteed Beet Greens: Mediterranean Style

I love to indulge myself with fresh greens at the end of the summer. My friend Maria, from Athens, turned me on to her Greek style, beet green recipe last summer.  Here is her simple but delicious way to use the top of your beets.  Just steam the greens until the stems are soft, then lightly saute with sea salt, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.   



Ingredients: 
  1.  Beet greens, 2.  Olive oil,  3.  Apple cider vinegar,  4.  Sea salt.

Sauteed Beet Greens




5 comments:

  1. thank you Maria for this recipe --- so simple but so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so enticing. I want the Sauteed Beet Greens right now.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to give credit to Maria.
    simple recipe, delicious , and low cal.

    ReplyDelete