Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yogurt Dip Mixed with My Cilantro Chutney

Last week I whipped up a really quick and easy vegetable dip recipe to bring to my friend's dinner party.  It took me less than 5 minutes to make the dip.   My friend Howard loved the dip on his shrimp.

Combine and mix these ingredients:
1/4 cup plain yogurt,
3 - 4 tablespoons of my Cilantro Chutney (view my recipe),
a dash of sea salt,
2/3 finely-minced cloves of roasted garlic

Mix the ingredients to make a dip that can enhance anything from vegetables to to a fish or
poultry dish.

I sliced a piece of chayote (a Caribbean squash with a crunchy texture) to
serve with my yogurt/cilantro chutney dip.

Note:  You can find out who sells rBGH free dairy locally at -
http://www.sustainabletable.org/shop/dairymap/

My Cilantro Chutney Mixed with Yogurt and Served with Sliced Chayote

No comments:

Post a Comment