Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Bombay Bombshell: Holiday Margarita


The Bombay Bombshell: Holiday Margarita

While celebrating Diwali (Indian celebration) with my friends the other week, I whipped up a mixture of tequila, ginger, cardamom pomegranate and lime juice to create a colorful and refreshing drink.   After a friend tasted my concoction, she named it "the Bombay Bombshell".   I think that's the right name for this festive and spicy cocktail --- perfect for any holiday celebration.  Cheers!

Ingredients for 2 drinks:

4 shots of agave tequila 
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 green cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
2 limes, squeezed
3 tablespoons of agave nectar or honey
Ice

Directions:

1. In a shaker, add the tequila, honey, ginger, cardamom. lime juice and pomegranate juice.
2.  Stir.  Add ice.
3. Shake and strain into a glass.

2 comments:

  1. I have all the ingredients here except the cardamoms that I can't find. Please bring me some next time you're in my hood...thx. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really hits the spot. Remind me about the cardamom when we hook up. Have a 2 year supply at my house.

    ReplyDelete