|Vegan Massala Chai Tea|
Wherever you may be on be a cold snowy day, a cup of a massala chai is the perfect way to find comfort and relaxation. Substitute milk with almond milk for a creamy and luscious alternative to dairy.
Ingredients for 2 cups of Vegan Chai:
1 cup raw almonds, finely ground
2 tablespoons black or green tea
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
2 cups unsweetened soy milk
1 cup water
6 black pepper pods
1 small piece of cinnamon stick
6 lightly crushed green cardamon pods
1 tablespoon honey
1. In a coffee grinder, grind raw almonds until pasty.
2. In a pot, combine almond paste with soy milk and water.
3. Add ground spices such as cinnamon, cardamon.
4. Add mined ginger with a couple of black pepper pods and sweetener, such as honey.
5. Boil gently for 15 minutes
6. Strain mixture and serve into a cup.
|Indian Street Vendor Making a Cup of Chai|
|Enjoying Chai at an Indian Dhaba|