|Hot Sauce with Ancho and Negro Chilies|
I love adding a little hot spice to my meals. Here is a quick hot sauce with some dried ancho and negro chilies from my local Spanish market, El Paisanos, in Santa Fe.
Hot Sauce Recipe:
4 dried ancho chilies, seeded
4 dried negro chilies, seeded
1 tomato, chopped
2 garlic cloves, choped
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt to taste
1. Remove stems and seeds from chilies.
2. Soak chilies for 20 minutes in hot water.
3. In a saucepan, combine the chilies, tomato, garlic, and cumin.
4. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Puree ingredients.6. Stir in lime juice and salt.