|Frittata with Purple Sweet Potato|
You can buy purple sweet potatoes in the vegetable markets in Chinatown, NYC. Purple sweet potatoes get very crunch when baking them. Here, I used them to substitute regular potatoes in my frittata. They add nice color and texture to this recipe.
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 medium sweet potato, sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. On medium heat, saute onions and sweet potatoes in an 8 inch skillet with olive oil.
2. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Stir in the milk, grated cheese, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Add egg and filling mixture to skillet.
4. Cover skillet and let cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
5. When mixture is almost firm, place under broiler until top is lightly browned.
6. Let sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
7. Loosen frittata from pan, then flip frittata on a platter.
8. Garnish with roasted sunflower seeds.
9. Serve warm or cold.