Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Agua Fresca": Refreshing Water Cooler at the Oasis

The Famous Oasis Restaurant
I am having culture shock after moving from NYC to Santa Fe.  I miss the
pulse of the city but I am enjoying discovering a new
place.  While driving, I came across this funky little taco shack on the
side of the road named "Oasis."  The owner and chef, Julio, made me one
of his special "Aqua Fresca" drinks.  Julio blends water with a slice
of water melon or mango, then pours the mixture in a glass with ice.  On a
hot day, this refreshing beverage is the perfect aid to cooling off.

Julio's "Aqua Fresca" Recipe:


1 cup water
1 cup fruit
1 cup ice

Instructions:

1. Blend fruit and water in a mixer.
2. Serve in a glass with ice.
3. Enjoy and stay cool.




Julio from Oasis in the Desert
Oasis
Blending an "Agua Fresca"

3 comments:

  1. I red your post and it was very funny for me. Why? Because I live in Guadalajara, MX, and is very common the Agua Fresca, there are places that the only thing they sale is Agua Fresca fo any kind of fruit you can mention... And let me tell you, they are delicious in any season. If you ever come tome my city, the Aguas Frescas are on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combination used for this drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have performed a great job on this article. It’s very precise and highly qualitative. You have even managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much. Best water dispenser online in India

    ReplyDelete