Karen Schuld Photography: NYC Food Photographer

Sprouts in the Hood

Sprouts in the Hood
Exploring My Hood Through Food and Lifestyle Photography

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Purslane Potato Salad with Greek Yogurt and Dill

Purslane Potato Salad

Purslane in Potato Salad
While I used to find purslane in all of the uptown farmer's markets in Manhattan,  I now find it growing wild in my garden in Rio en Medio.  Purslane is a succulent, that can be used in stews, soups, salads or sauteed.  Here, I added some to my potato salad.

Purslane Close-up

Potato Salad with Purslane Recipe

 Ingredients:

1 pound purple,red and white finger potatoes, sliced in half
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup purslane,  loosely chopped
salt to taste
1/4 cup dill, chopped
red chili flakes to taste

Instructions:

1.  Roast the finger potatoes, cool.
2.  Slice the potatoes, then place in a bowl.
3.  Add the onions, yogurt, purslane, dill, chilli flakes, and salt.
4.  Stir then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment