|Bowl of Pinto Beans with Tamarind Chipotle Chutney|
Instead of using bacon and ham, Add some tamarind and chili to flavor your bean dish.
|Beans Served on Black Bread|
|Pot of Baked Beans|
2 cups dried pinto
6 cups of water
1 cup tamarind and chipotle chutney
1/3 cup molasses
2 tablespoons mustard
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
1. Soak the beans overnight in a pot of water.
2. Rinse the beans then cook in a heavy metal pan
with 6 cups of water.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to water.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to water.
5. Boil gently until beans are tender (around 1.5 hours).
6. Add the tamarind and chipolte chutney, molasses, mustard, diced onion.
7. Simmer until desired thickness.
7. Serve on a tortilla or bread.
|Tamarind Beans Garnished with Roasted |
Peppers and Sprouts