Sunday, June 26, 2011
"Sprouts in the Hood" will be back after the 4th of July weekend. I will be relocating from uptown Manhattan to New Mexico where I will start exploring some southwestern cuisine and spices. Have a happy and safe holiday weekend!
Saturday, June 18, 2011
|Just Picked Mulberries|
|Mulberries Blended in Yogurt with Papaya|
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
|Hibiscus Tea with Ginger and Vanilla Flavor|
|Hibiscus Flower in Kerela, India|
Saturday, June 4, 2011
|Strawberries from the Farmers Market|
|Strawberry Vinaigrette with Cilantro|
|Soft Boiled Egg on Baby Greens with Strawberry Vinaigrette|
The first of the berries were at this week's farmers market. Sweet, tangy and delicious, they add a burst of summer to my Sunday morning breakfast.
1/2 cup of strawberries
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1-2 tablespoons honey
Directions for Vinaigrette:
1. In a blender, puree all ingredients
Ingredients for Hard Boiled Eggs with Macro Greens:
1 handful per serving macro greens
6 asparagus stems, chopped
2 small spring onions, chopped
2 medium sized red potatoes, sliced
2 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
Black pepper and salt to taste
Directions for Hard Boiled Eggs with Macro Greens:
1. In a skillet, brown red potatoes with asparagus. Let cool.
2. In a bowl, toss the macro greens, spring onions with the asparagus and potatoes.
3. Serve tossed vegetable mixture on a plate with the egg, then drizzle the strawberry vinaigrette on top.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.